My Des Res

It looks like my flat is for the chop.

Now from StreetView
So I thought I have a go at designing it the replacement. Here is Mark 1 large a mix of Du Cane Court and Myrtle Gardens. Mostly though it is me trying to work out how the tools work.
Myrtle Gardens
Du Cane Court

 If you interested in the 3d objects used below they are here.

This is 14 stories high with room for about 220 one-bedroom flats and undercroft parking for all. This is what it would look like on 1st June at 16:00 at least that is what the renderer says. Just hope Regenda is listening. The ground floor is mostly undercroft car parking.


Some more work and

Some More work on 6 June


Option 2 from 9th June

This time only 8 stories the same overall idea.

Same fly through at the full height


An Email to my councillors (with the odd spelling mistake corrected)

To:alan.dean@liverpool.gov.uk, timothy.moore@liverpool.gov.uk, anna.rothery@liverpool.co.uk
Cc: Nick Small, Sharon Sullivan, christine.banks2@liverpool.gov.uk, louise.ellman.mp@parliament.uk

Hi,
It seems that your ward resident has decided to mail both sides of Grove Street when only one side lies in your ward, the other being in another council ward.
Given the shameful behaviour of one of you, at the planning meeting onto the development on Parliament Street, when they made up a religious prohibition to support the case of the NIMBY residents, I not sure the residents should trust you to honestly represent them. The need for housing in Liverpool is pressing and the needs of the few NIMBYs cannot be put above the needs of the many residents, as you did on Parliament Street. This redevelopment needs to be of substantial height, with many flats.
Your constituent seems to think that the construction on Vine-court is in some way inferior to brick build, by any objective measure the build of Vine Court is superior, that it wasn't built like when I was a kid, is not an appropriate metric. The ones to concentrate on are thermal and acoustic insulation and the volume taken up by the walls.
I have prepared some design that I think appropriate in scale and aesthetic, largely ripping of Du Cane Court and Myrtle Gardens. This time you should lead rather than follow the loudest voices. The point of political capital is to utilise it not to simply to amass it.
I do not know who Austin-Seal is and they seem to have made no attempt to find out opinions over here.

Florin Court

To the list of influences, I should add Florin Court.

As some decoration for the building, I think some small concrete bas-reliefs like those found on the Post Office in Nice or similar 

I found some images of Bridge Court,  Lee Bridge Road in Waltham Forest.



London Deco Flats

This site has come to my attention a lot of the content are great for inspiration for this area


To Be Continued


Comments